Help Wanted: Part-Time Customer Facilitator
Salem NH Farmers Market, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded 10 years ago, is growing! We are seeking a motivated and personable individual who is able to repeatedly and safely lift or carry up to 50 pounds. Among other duties, the Customer Facilitator will greet customers, direct traffic, and assist customers getting their purchases to their vehicles.
Please note that our Sunday Market is a bustling and very fast-paced environment. We are only interested in someone who enjoy this type of activity and understand how to work with the sense of urgency required when things get busy. If you are true to your word, show up when you say and on time, and know how to hustle, we want you on our team.
Our Customer Facilitator is a part-time position, starting immediately. This is a seasonal position, through the end of October, with the potential of becoming year-round. Hourly pay rate will be based on experience. The Customer Facilitator is required to be at the market on Sundays from 8:00-3:00.
The Customer Facilitator is a new position. The Customer Facilitator will be responsible for assisting the Market Manager with the weekly on-site operations of the market every Sunday. The following may be duties and functions of the Customer Facilitator’s role, as assigned by the Market Manager and Board of Directors.
Sunday duties before and after Market is open to the public (8:00-9:45 and 2:00-3:00)
- Be on-site and assist with market set-up and breakdown, including erecting canopies, tables, information booth, etc., each Sunday from 8:00 a.m. until the Market closes and all vendors have left the lot (approximately 3:00).
- Monitor the entrance to the market, directing the general public to other locations and allowing only vendors to enter before and after the market.
- Ensure safety and cleanliness of the site before, during and at the conclusion of market.
- Assist vendors in loading and unloading their products, and in setting up their booths and canopies.
Sunday duties during Market (9:45-2:00)
- Welcome customers with respectful, friendly, and helpful assistance to customer inquiries and needs; serve as the initial point of contact and public face of the market during the scheduled market day.
- Be responsible for greeting and counting entering customers at the location assigned by the Market Manager.
- Check in vendors and secure entry
- Assist customers at traffic crossing and in getting their purchases to their vehicles
- Implement and enforce Market’s current COVID-19 protocols including wearing a face covering, sanitizing hands and table, and practicing social distancing guidelines among customers and
- Perform other duties necessary to support the market as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Salem NH Farmers Market reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
This position is ideal for someone who:
- Will show commitment by regular, dependable, punctual attendance; timeliness and reliability are critical.
- Is physically able to repeatedly and safely lift or carry up to 50 pounds as well as stand, bend, and squat on hard surfaces for up to 7 hours as needed during the Market Day.
- Is able and willing to work in an outdoor environment in adverse weather conditions.
- Can function as a strong team player but can also work independently.
- Has a strong work ethic and organizational skills, is able to prioritize time, and pays attention to detail.
- Has personal confidence, maturity, and the ability to effectively approach and professionally communicate with a diverse range of audiences, including telling drivers that they are not allowed to enter the market area.
- Is reliable, friendly, positive, outgoing, enthusiastic and upbeat, so that they can foster an atmosphere/culture of passion, warmth, and fun, as well as accountability and hard work.
- Has strong interpersonal skills: Patience, respect, and transparency.
- Can accept/learn from constructive feedback.
- Has a willingness to learn new tasks and information.
- Is willing to help with tasks outside of his/her primary responsibilities.
Covid-19 safety protocols will be prioritized at all times. Our COVID-19 precautions include:
- Initial interview by remote
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, and cleaning procedures are in place
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion:
Salem NH Farmers Market is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly encourage people with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. We are committed to creating a diverse, inclusive, and equitable environment for our employees, volunteers, vendors, and customers.
If you feel you match this description and wish to be considered for the position, please email us a resume, and cover letter.
Positions will remain open until filled. Review of applications will begin on Friday, May 21.
Candidates who respond to this ad without a resume or cover letter will not be considered.